Enjoy the convenience of 24-hour access to all of your accounts with our free Online Banking service.
- View your account balance and history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make loan and Visa Credit Card payments
- Schedule Bill Payments with option to schedule in advance and set up recurring payments
- Send payments to others using Pop Money
- Review eStatements online
- Send secure messages to our Member Services team to make changes to account or ask questions
- View images of cleared checks
Initial enrollment may be completed here.
The initial pin is the last four digits of the primary account holder's social security number.
Access your NYUFCU account, on the go
A mobile application designed to allow you to view your balances, make transfers or deposit checks
To download the app, access your smartphone's application store or click (iPhone download or Android download). Once you have downloaded the application, open it and when asked for the App Code, enter NYUMobile. Follow the prompts on the screen and enter your Online Banking information.
If you have not enrolled in Online Banking, please complete initial enrollment by using a desktop or laptop computer. Enrollment may be completed here.
A service that utilizes your phone's messaging capabilities to allow you to check your balances, access a mobile site or view account history
To set up MobileMoney, login to Online Banking. Click on the Self Service tab, then click on the MobileMoney link on Additional Services. Follow the prompts to complete enrollment.
You can access your NYU Federal Credit Union statement online by signing up for eStatements. This will not only help eliminate the paper mail that arrives to your home, but you will be able to access your statement several days before you would normally receive a paper statement.
(Make sure pop-up blocker is disabled)
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click on “Self Service”, and then “eStatement”.
- Click on "Sign up".
- Once new window opens, read through the agreement.
- Click the eSign Document link to open a sample eStatement. The document will open in a new window and will display a code which will need to be entered on the page with the agreement.
- Chose your preference of eStatements using the radio button and click Next.
- Confirm your email address and click Enroll.
At this point, you will have successfully enrolled in eStatements and will receive a notification when your next statement is available.
If you are having problems logging into your account, please give us a call at (212) 995-3171 between the hours of 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday.
eStatements are also available for your NYU FCU Credit Card. Enrollment can be completed on the NYU FCU Credit Card online banking site. Contact us for assistance.
BILL PAY & POP MONEY
It is easy to make payments to others using the NYU FCU online tools.
Available for free with your NYU FCU Checking account. Bill pay can be accessed through your online banking by clicking on the Bill Pay tab. No payment for postage necessary. Payments are sent via check or ACH to the payee that you indicate through online banking.
Allows you to quickly and safely transfer funds to another individual with only the knowledge of their cell phone number or email address. You can also use the service to direct deposit to another bank account. Transfers may take up to 3 days.
DIRECT DEPOSIT & PAYROLL DEDUCTION
NYU Washington Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
Instruction guide can be found here.
- Please log into your NYU Home account
- Click the Work tab
- Click on PeopleSync
- Select manage your payroll elections and input your account number and routing number as well as the desired amount for the deposit into your NYU FCU accounts
For stipend or expense reimbursement direct deposit, please complete the following form- Direct Deposit
For assistance or account number verification, please call 212-995-3171.
NYU Medical Center Payroll Deduction
- Please log in to your My e-Connect.
- Click on the Menu tab
- Click Payroll & Compensation
- Click on Direct Deposit and input your account number and routing number as well as the desired amount for the deposit into your NYU FCU accounts
External Direct Deposit
Please complete the form found here and provide it to the payroll office in your place of employment.
NYU FCU is excited to introduce a new service. With Mobile Deposit, depositing checks is easier than ever with your smartphone. Login to your TouchBanking, and follow the steps below in the video to deposit your checks or here. To set up TouchBanking, download the app, and to log in for the first time you will need the App Code- NYUMobile and your NYU FCU online banking log on information.
Automated touch tone teller
Automated Touch Tone Teller Service enables you to check your actual and available balances, request a withdrawal check, transfer money between your accounts or to another account at the NYU Federal Credit Union, and make payments on your loans. This new system also allows you to request information about rates on savings and loans, info on a new promotions, request a loan application, a brochure of the CU’s services, fee schedules and etc.
To start using the service call (800) 997-0724
This service is available to you for FREE.
IMPORTANT: Your initial PIN is the last 4-digits of your Social Security Number.
- Quick Check- Plays primary savings and checking account available balances.
- Account Inquiries- Plays available and actual balances on your accounts.
- Financial Transactions
- Member Services
- CU Info & Requests
|Return to the prior Menu||*|
|Return to Main Menu||**|
|Previous Listing (Tran. History)||7|
|End the call||9|
Change of Address & Personal Information
To update your address or personal information, complete and return one of the forms below or send a message through the online banking messenger.
All name change requests must be accompanied by social security card showing the updated name. Please submit a request in writing or stop by the branch.
Our system monitors every transaction done on your card. If anything out of the ordinary occurs, or if the transactions match established fraud patterns that have been reported to VISA, our fraud division will try to contact you. We want to make sure every transaction on your account is legitimate, and stop any potential fraud immediately. In order to keep your account safe, we have a response center open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If our fraud monitoring service does contact you to verify suspicious transactions, their valid callback numbers are 1-800-472-3272
Please be advised that our representatives will never ask you for your PIN number, or your full card number.
Blocked credit card activity
Due to regulatory requirements and incidents of fraudulent activity, the credit union blocks certain debit card activity based on risk. From time to time, the list of blocked activity by country is updated based on current fraud trends and/or government sanctions. We currently have a block on all international transactions without prior notification.
Verified by Visa®
Verified by Visa allows our members to add an online password to their Visa debit card, making online purchases more secure. Using Verified by Visa is a quick and simple process and takes only minutes to sign up. Sign up may be completed here.
Courtesy Pay & Opt In For Overdrafts
Sometimes miscalculations happen. An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction that has come into your share draft account for payment. We can cover standard overdrafts through our overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, courtesy pay or through our overdraft loan protection.
What are standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
- Courtesy Pay: offered with checking accounts (except Restart Checking) at no cost to you unless you use it.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: Transfers from Savings or Money Market any available funds ($5 per transfer fee) (needs to be requested on your account)
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account #
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
What fees will I be charged if New York University Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $25.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
How Courtesy Pay Helps You:
- Convenience: When you are short on funds, Courtesy Pay covers your transaction on the spot.
- Peace of Mind: Courtesy Pay can prove vital in urgent circumstances
- Privacy: Courtesy Pay safeguards you from the potential embarrassment of bouncing a check with a merchant or having your debit card declined when taking a friend to dinner. Neither the merchant nor other patrons will be aware of the status of your account.
- Courtesy Pay may cover items that exceed the balance of your account up to $300 (including fees).
- If you have overdraft protection on your checking from your savings or money market accounts, all available funds will be transferred first before courtesy pay.
- There is no fee to have Courtesy Pay. You are only charged a fee if you overdraw your account and Courtesy Pay is used. Each time Courtesy Pay is used, a fee of $25 per transaction is assessed.
What if I want New York University Federal Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 212-995-3392, complete the form here. You are required to opt in to receive this coverage – you may do so by completing a paper form and emailing, mailing, faxing at 212-995-4582 or bringing it into a branch. If you have previously completed an overdraft protection on debit card form, you will be automatically opted in or out based on this form.
Every checking account (except restart) comes with Courtesy Pay unless you opt out. If you wish to opt out from courtesy pay service, you may do so by completing this opt-out form and emailing, mailing, faxing at 212-995-4582 or bringing it into a branch. or send a secure message through online banking with your request. If you wish to opt in/out of Overdraft Protection Transfers, please send a message through online banking.
Requirements for Courtesy Pay:
Whether or not a transaction is covered by Courtesy Pay is discretionary and NYU FCU reserves the right not to pay. The following is a list of account characteristics that NYU Credit Union requires in order to pay an item under Courtesy Pay:
- Your account is in good standing
- You are making regular payments via direct deposits or monthly deposits
- You have not had excessive overdrafts or overdrawn accounts
- Your account has been open for at least 30 days
- You don’t have delinquent loan with NYUFCU.
What are additional ways to secure your account from overdrafts?
Apply for an overdraft line of credit. Please contact Member Services to request Overdraft Line of Credit. Rate is 12.5%. Credit and income restrictions apply.
EXTERNAL TRANSFERS AND INTERNAL TRANSFERS
DOMESTIC Wire Transfers
Sending a domestic wire transfer- please complete the form here.
If you are unable to come into the branch, additional verification will be required.
Sending an international payment is possible to many countries around the world for a flat fee of $35 or $10 to Mexico. Contact Member Services today to verify whether the country you wish to send funds to is available.
Please complete the form and return it to the NYU FCU. If you are unable to come into the branch, additional verification will be required.
Transferring funds to a colleague is easy and secure. Log into your online banking and select the Bill Pay option. Select the Pop Money feature and send money securely to a cell phone number or email address or direct deposit it into someone's bank account. Allows quick 2-3 day transfers without having to provide the recipient with your account number nor obtain an account number from them.
Cross Member Transfer
If you wish to transfer funds from your NYU FCU membership to a different member, please send a message through online banking from the account initializing the transfer.
If you have a joint account and you wish to view on your personal online banking, please contact Member Services.
Setting up automatic transfers between or from your share accounts is easy. You can also make one time or recurring payments to your NYU FCU credit card or loans.
You can either complete the form here or set up the transfer through the Transfers option of the Online Banking.
*Additional information may be required, depending on the country to which you're sending funds. NYU FCU won't send wire transfers to Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Yemen or the Crimean Region of Ukraine.
USA Patriot Act—Important information about opening a new account: Federal law requires that we obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Within applications, we ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. Approval of your application may be delayed pending further verification of your identity.
INCOMING TRANSFERS INFORMATION
If you are receiving an ACH transfer or a wire transfer at NYU FCU, please make sure to supply the sender with the following:
Routing number: 226082129
Receiving Financial Institution: NYU Federal Credit Union
Address of Financial Institution: 726 Broadway, Suite 110, New York, NY 10003
Final Credit to: Your name and your NYU FCU account number
Please note there is a $10 charge for incoming international wire transfers.
The NYU Federal Credit Union does not have a SWIFT code, international financial institutions must transfer funds to their US correspondent bank, who would then wire the funds with the above information.
Link your NYU FCU to an external bank account:
Routing number: 226082129
Account number: Your 7 digit savings or 14 digit checking account number
To link a NYU FCU account to an external account, please enter the information of the Add External Account option of your other financial institution. In many cases, they will send a small debit and credit to the account (usually under $1). You will need to log in to your NYU FCU online banking or call our member services team at 212-995-3171 to verify the amounts and then provide those amounts back to the other financial institution to establish the link.
Please note the savings account is a non-transaction account, only electronic credits are allowed on this account.