LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP: WHO MAY JOIN AND HOW?
Membership is open to all students, faculty, staff, NYU alumni, retiree and their immediate family members.
If you are:
- An employee, faculty, staff or student at NYU
- Alumni or retired employee of NYU
- Immediate family of a NYU FCU member (including spouse, parents, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, step grandchildren, grandparents, step brothers, brothers, step sisters, and sisters)
- An individual who resides in and shares financial responsibility of a household with a NYU FCU member.
... then NYU FCU membership is open to you.
If you move, change jobs, or leave the University you may retain your membership with the Credit Union as long as you keep a minimum of $50 in your savings account.
Please contact Member Services if you have any questions on qualifying for Membership.
APPLICATION PROCESS & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
How to Join
Becoming a member of the NYU FCU is easy. Membership is the most significant difference between your credit union and other financial institutions. A minimal deposit of $50 into a savings account and $10 one time membership fee establishes your Membership and gives you a share in ownership.
As a member, you share in NYU FCU’s earnings. As the credit union makes money, it reinvests it to improve products and services for our members.
Please complete the online application prior to stopping by the branch or mailing in supporting documentation and initial deposits.
Contact us in one of these convenient ways:
- Call (212) 995-3171
Toll-free/USA (800) 997-0724
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax (212) 995-4582
- Complete Membership Application
- Account Holder Agreement
- Complete W-9 Form
- Foreign Students Complete W-8BEN Form Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding
NEW MEMBER IDENTIFICATION
Request for Membership from Employees, Students, or Alumni:
1) Employees, Students, and Alumni of NYU are required to produce two types of photo identification for membership in NYU FCU:
a) Valid (non-expired) US or state government issued photo identification such as drivers license, state identification card, US passport or Alien Registration card with photo.
b) Photo ID issued by NYU. New employees and students must receive their photo ID before joining NYU FCU.
2) All new members must provide a valid social security or other taxpayer identification number issued by the US Social Security Administration.
3) NYU Alumni, please provide your NYU Alumni Card with your documents. A copy of the NYU Alumni Card can be accessed by activating your NetID at start.nyu.edu, logging in to NYUHome at home.nyu.edu/alumni, clicking on NYU Alumni Card: PerksConnect, clicking Printable Card & App and printing the card.
4)If the address on your application does not match that found on your state ID, we will require additional documents.
NYU FCU reserves the right to deny membership to any applicant based upon information we receive while performing a third party credit reference or comparisons to government watch lists including, but not limited to the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). Membership may also be denied if the legitimacy of any of the above types of identification is in doubt.
REQUEST FOR MEMBERSHIP BY FAMILY MEMBERS:
Family members of individuals who qualify for membership may also join NYU FCU. In addition to the photo identification requirements described above, information regarding the qualified individual may be requested.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
If applying by mail, you must include a photocopy of your government issued picture identification, which must be signed and the signature must be notarized by an authorized Notary Public.
Send your completed application along with a copy of your picture ID, filled W-9/W-8 form, account holder agreement and a $50 Savings Account deposit and $10 one time membership fee to:
New York University Federal Credit Union
726 Broadway, Suite 110, New York, NY 10003